Big news! We’re excited to let our friends, here on our blog, be the first to know that we are opening a new store. Can you guess where? Here’s some clues…
- The city has a total area of 33.9 square miles, of which, 30.8 square miles of it is land and 3.2 square miles of it (9.29%) is water
- Founded in 1869, the name is French for "beautiful view"
- Named number 1 in CNN Money's list of the best places to live and launch a business
- Also named the 4th best place to live in America
- This city is in the top 7% in the state for well-paid-single men and top 4% for well-paid-single women
- It’s one of the 25 safest cities in America
- Both Ann and Nancy Wilson, co-founders of the band Heart, are said to reside here
Write your answer down on a piece of paper (so you won’t cheat) and then scroll down to see if you are right…
The answer is BELLEVUE! If you are so super smart that you figured that out, you must be passionate about the Bellevue community – and that’s the type of folks we are looking to hire! So, if you also love the art of great coffee and delicious cupcakes, we’d like to hear from you for the positions of: Cupcake Bakers, Baristas, Frosters.
We are looking for baristas who have a passion for hand crafted artisan coffee. And bakers and frosters who enjoy baking cake from scratch with local ingredients in large batches with high quality and productivity standards. Our values center around having fun, working hard as a team, creating an engaging customer service experience, being kind to our environment, giving back to community efforts and a passion for your work and sharing your enthusiasm with customers.
- Baristas should be experienced with 1+ years of artisan coffee crafting and engaging customer service and an appreciation for scratch-baked goods.
- Bakers should be experienced with 1+ years in high-volume production baking with attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively in teams, attention to detail, pride in work, reliable.
- Frosters should be able to learn and work quickly, be able to prioritize, have a high level of customer service and be flexible and prompt.
Qualified folks should apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you’d be a good fit. Thanks for your interest!
By the way, not only do you get to surround yourself with coffee and cupcakes, but here’s a few additional tidbits to sweeten the deal:
- We offer benefits to our super stellar crew: medical insurance for 30+ hours/week, 401K, all you can drink espresso, great deals on cupcakes and merchandise…plus cool co-workers!
- We use all natural, wholesome ingredients in our tasty, fresh-baked cupcakes, and we get them from local farmers whenever we can. Even our flour is local – grown on a no-till co-op by our pal Farmer Fred in Eastern Washington, and specially milled just for us.
- We only brew the best beans: Stumptown! They travel worldwide to source and roast the best coffees available anywhere. Developing partnerships with farms to share in a belief that working together year after year results in the highest level of quality.
- We are a green, locally owned, indie business. We not only recycle, but we compost as well, and we use compostable packaging as much as possible, too, from paper cups to soy ink to corn-based plastic.
- We give over 25,000 cupcakes a year to local non-profits to give back to our community.